The DW3000 family of products is Qorvo’s second-generation, fully integrated Impulse Radio Ultra-Wideband (UWB) wireless transceiver.
Based on the IEEE802.15.4z standard, the DW3000 implements enhanced security features.
DW3000 can achieve data rates of up to 6.8Mbps while delivering precise positioning to within 10 cm for ranging and +/-5 degrees for angular measurement.
The DW3000 is FiRa compliant and supports 2-way ranging, Time Difference of Arrival (TDoA) and Phase Difference of Arrival (PDoA) implementations.
Optimized for low-power battery-operated operation, the DW3000 family of products is designed to be used in mobile, consumer, and industrial applications thanks to different small footprint packages options and reduced external BOM.
Low energy consumption
- Now lower energy than BLE and up to 5x lower energy than DW1000; achieved by tuning across the board - reducing peak currents, frame durations and startup times
- Average energy consumption down to 3.3uA/ms for a beacon with 12 Bytes of payload, 5uA/ms for a TWR communication with 20 Bytes of payload
4z standard and global band compliant
- Supports the new IEEE802.15.4z standard which takes security to the next level due to a new ciphered preamble
- Supports CH5 (6.5 GHz) and CH9 (8GHz)
High level of integration
- Reduces the external component count from 30 to 10 with integration of components like the balun, capacitors, etc.
- Both available in QFN package – down to 5x5mm - and CSP - 3.1x3.4mm – meeting the needs of even the most space-constrained designs
Enables single-chip high-precision location
- Enables new features including “follow-me” and “object pointing,” such as that contained in the new peer-to-peer sharing applications, while also significantly reducing the amount of infrastructure required for many existing applications
- Delivers phase difference of arrival with an angular error <5 degree – in a single chip drastically reducing cost, size and power