MODULE VS CHIP
With the advent of IoT, the combinations of technologies embedded in products is becoming endless, and the pace of new product releases has accelerated. This makes it difficult for most R&D teams to do create everything in-house. Also, internal development costs cannot be amortized in a market that’s more and more fragmented, and time to market is more important than ever.
WHY A MODULE?
Decawave focused on developing modules to remove the burden on R&D teams, reduce risks and costs, and accelerate time to market. We have partnered with a contract manufacturer with a track record of high-volume, cost-sensitive manufacturing. Together, we developed state-of-the-art manufacturing and test capability for UWB modules.
- No need for in-house RF design expertise
- No design costs No cost for setting up manufacturing and test
- No cost for certification
- Less staff overhead – no management of third arties (suppliers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Less working capital – no inventory of parts
- All factored in – a module is like DWM1004 is lower cost up to 100Ku/y
- Solution is already already proven – it has been tested and certified
- Easier integration to your design
- No navigation through regulations and certification
- Lower risk of parts shortage as you manage a single product supply
Shorter Time to Market
- Start your concept tomorrow with a module – versus 6 to 8 weeks with chip
- Design through manufacturing usually takes 3 to 6 months – this is 0 with a module
- Certification can take weeks or months if you need to modify your design – this is 0 with a module
WHY A CHIP?
Working with Decawave’s chips gives you complete design flexibility and customization over your proprietary product design. A chip is the answer if you have enough design time allocated to your project, and if you have a specific implementation.
Low Volume Cost
- More cost effective in volume quantities
- Design can be specifically tailored to your exact needs