DecaWave is seeking to hire a number of Application Engineers to develop the company’s technical- sales and customer-support team.
Reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager and preferably based in the Company’s headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, the primary goal of these roles is to assist DecaWave customers and prospective customers in applying DecaWave’s Ultra-Wideband wireless technology to their particular end-application needs thereby securing design-wins for DecaWave and ultimately driving revenue for the company.
These are broadly-scoped roles covering hardware, software, integration & test on the one hand and customer interaction on the other, and include the following: -
- Presenting DecaWave’s technology to customers, assessing customers technical requirements and proposing appropriate system architecture options to meet those requirements
- Design & debug of application-specific hardware platforms using DecaWave technology as both generic reference designs and specifically for individual customers
- Assisting customers in the design of their DecaWave-based hardware including assisting them in making the most appropriate tradeoffs to meet their system needs
- Design & debug of application-specific software using DecaWave technology as both generic reference designs and specifically for individual customers including the porting of existing firmware to new or customer-selected microprocessors
- Producing technical documentation to the highest standards to drive customer understanding of DecaWave technology and the optimum ways in which to use it in particular applications
Ideally, candidates should have: -
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience of hardware development including schematic capture, PCB layout and all steps through to hardware debug and commissioning. Operating knowledge of standard test equipment (‘scope, spectrum analyzer etc) is necessary.
- Software development experience in an embedded-systems environment with knowledge of C / C++, standard debug environments etc.
- RF experience is highly desirable since many of the application challenges with DecaWave’s technology involve RF-related issues including PCB layout &optimization, antenna selection and filtering at frequencies up to 8GHz.
- A problem solving approach and a strong desire to see the customer succeed
Candidates will be expected to work alone or as part of a small highly focused team, be able to take initiative, enjoy challenge, be capable of planning and delivering to tight schedules and be self motivated. Candidates will be required to spend some time in Company headquarters in Dublin for training but there will very quickly be opportunities for international travel (the vast majority of DecaWave’s customers are overseas).
Applicants should possess good communications skills and be fluent in English (both spoken and written). A working knowledge of French, Mandarin or Korean would be a distinct advantage.