Burlingame CA, USA
Toulouse and/or Marseille areas, France
Decawave is seeking Senior Embedded Android Engineers to be based in our Burlingame or Toulouse/Marseille offices. In this role, you will be an integral part of a stellar engineering team responsible for building Ultrawideband (UWB) experiences. You will work within a cross-functional feature team and collaborate closely with IC design on our next generation of products and experiences.
- Provide mentorship to engineers and cross-functional partners to improve engineering quality and increase team effectiveness
- Lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams
- Develop an Android software platform for a unique mobile experience
- Design great code within the constraints and opportunities of powerful embedded platforms
- Design and develop innovative, customized features and optimize Android system at the frameworks layer, develop and implement key modules
- Perform power consumption analysis and optimize firmware for low power battery operation
- Participate in all development phases from requirements to production
- Actively participate in Agile practices (sprint planning, backlog grooming, and review)
- 6+ years of development experience in software development on Embedded Android AOSP or Embedded Linux based systems
- Strong programming experience in C/C++ and Java software development, tools and debug with strong software development discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective communication and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading and a desire to lead the development of large complex systems
- BS or higher in CS, CE or Applied Math
- Experience on Android Framework and application-level development
- Experience porting Android to a new device
- Understanding of the Android framework internals and AOSP code
- Good understanding of AOSP build process
- Firmware and embedded software development experience
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Experience developing Linux Kernel extensions and device drivers
- Experience with UWB, RTLS and LBS concepts
- Experience with Mynewt OS, Zypher OS or NuttX OS
- Wired for Algorithms and dreams in code
Decawave is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with regional headquarters in California, USA and Shenzhen, China.
Decawave is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please email your applications to [email protected]
Please identify the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.