Redpoint Positioning Corporation offers a complete end-to-end RTLS solution built on an easy to deploy wireless mesh infrastructure. The tightly integrated platform supports a variety of applications, including asset tracking, geo-fencing for safety and security, indoor navigation, staff or visitor tracking, and location enabled sensor data communication. Comprehensive APIs enable integration easy with third-party applications.
Redpoint Positioning Corporation is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, USA and has additional offices in Boulder, CO and Beijing, China.
Video: Redpoint deployed in the construction industry for safety and efficiency
Redpoint RTLS Advantages
High-precision location with unique TDOA algorithms (patent pending) and optimized network and MAC protocols, for high scalability and reliability in enterprise wide deployments;
Wireless mesh network infrastructure (no data cabling needed) enables quick and easy infrastructure deployment that grows dynamically with your needs.
Server-less “indoor GPS” Navigation mode positioning algorithms embedded inside RTLS tags, tethered via Bluetooth or serial port to a mobile device, eliminate the need for an external positioning server;
Simultaneous Tracking & Navigation with an unlimited number of tags
Smart RTLS tags with integrated Bluetooth radios provide private-to-user, low-latency location information via connected smartphones, tablets, or laptops;
2-way sensor and data interface integrated in tags and infrastructure simultaneously provide RTLS services while communicating reliable, low-bandwidth data, for sensor measurements, actuator control, and text messages to employee badge tags, or custom end-user application data.
Flexible RTLS Server can be hosted locally or in the cloud and is built on a modern Linux® operating system and simplifies network commissioning and management for large-scale systems through a simple web-based interface. The server aggregates real-time and historical positioning and sensor data in a relational database and provides quick retrieval through industry-standard REST and pub/sub protocols.
Over-the-air (OTA) tag & infrastructure updates allow seamless infrastructure and tag firmware upgrades, configuration changes and network maintenance to be handled effortlessly.
Purpose-Built Tags are designed with application specific features and made to be worn by individuals, attached to assets, or integrated into OEM applications.
Battery-Powered Infrastructure allows rapid deployment, modification, and tear-down of temporary installations, ideal for constantly changing environments.
Redpoint provides web, Windows, and iOS based applications for commissioning, managing, and interacting with your RTLS network. This includes the ability to visualize tags on customized floor plans, define geo-fences and hazard zones with associated alerts, identify and locate assets, and generate location-based statistics, heatmaps, and breadcrumbs.
The platform also provides a comprehensive API and sample source code that enables third-party developers to integrate Redpoint RTLS with their own applications and take advantage of real-time and historical location and sensor data.
MOBILE TAGS AND MESH NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE
Anchors and Bridges are used to form the infrastructure, while Tags and Navigation Tags can put on a mobile/portable object or carried by people.
Advantages to RedPoint’s RTLS platform include:
- High-precision RTLS platform, with unique TDOA algorithms (patent pending) and optimized network and MAC protocols, for high scalability and reliability in enterprise wide deployments;
- Wireless mesh network infrastructure (no data cabling needed) yielding maximum bandwidth efficiency as well as simultaneous support for both navigation and tracking applications;
- Server-less “indoor GPS” navigation mode: positioning algorithms embedded inside RTLS tags with a Bluetooth connection to a mobile smartphone or tablet eliminates the need for an external positioning server;
- Smart RTLS tags with integrated Bluetooth modems provide private-to-user, low-latency navigation information via connected smartphones, tablets, or laptops;
- Sensor and data interface: tags and anchors simultaneously provide RTLS services while communicating reliable, low-bandwidth data, for sensor measurements, actuator control, or custom end-user application data.
The RTLS Base-Station is built on a modern Linux® operating system, simplifies the network commissioning and management for large-scale systems, and aggregates real-time and historical positioning and sensor data. Location and sensor data is easily retrieved using industry-standard protocols. The RBS comes fully tested and preconfigured for an easy out-of-the-box user experience.
Unique features include:
- Built-in intelligence: self-calibrating, self-organizing, self-localizing, mesh-network infrastructure, for rapid system deployment and effortless maintenance, dramatically lowers the infrastructure installation and maintenance costs;
- Over-the-air (OTA) tag & infrastructure updates: for seamless infrastructure and tag firmware upgrades, configuration changes and network maintenance.
APPLICATION, UI AND CUSTOMISATION
Red Point Positioning offers a full-featured 3D Graphical User Interface (GUI), as well as a simple 2D visualization package as optional components.
Unique advantages include:
- Open REST API, for rapid application development and 3rd party software integration;
- Sensor and data interface: to simultaneously function as RTLS and data communication network, for sensor measurement information and other low bandwidth user data;
- Redpoint RTLS Application: multi-purpose RTLS application software, for zoning, alerting, tracking, reporting – turning your RTLS data to actionable intelligence;
RTLS DEVELOPMENT KIT (DKT)
Redpoint offers a development kit that contains all of the components needed to set up a small-scale Ultra-Wideband Real-Time Location System (RTLS). The kit enables developers to familiarize themselves with our system and start building and testing their own RTLS applications with a minimal learning curve. Sample applications with source code are included.