TREK1000 Evaluation Kit
The Two-Way-Ranging (TWR) Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) IC Evaluation Kit enables users to evaluate the performance of Decawave’s award winning DW1000 UWB IC in RTLS use cases based on various topologies.
Easy and quick to set-up, the TREK1000 is the ideal solution to assess the unrivaled performance of Decawave's technology and to build a "proof of concept" in hours. It allows users to quickly evaluate Decawave’s market-leading UWB technology in multiple RTLS use cases.
Based on the Two-Way Ranging scheme, TREK1000 allows the user to test 3 different topologies:
- Tracking: using 3 anchors and 1 tag to cover application use cases such as asset tracking, logistics and factory automation. In this configuration, the user will be able to collect the 2D or 3D position of the tag relative to the anchor's position.
- Geo-Fencing (also called Secure Bubble): based on 1 anchor and up to 3 tags, this configuration enables users to monitor if the tags are within certain pre-defined perimeters around the anchor – the bubble. This will allow users to evaluate use cases like personal safety (collision avoidance, security perimeter around machinery), child monitoring or "secure-my-valuables" types of applications.
- Navigation: also uses 3 anchors and 1 tag. Connected directly to the tag, the user will be able to walk around and visualize its current position, allowing to test human and robotics navigation scenarios.
Need to test or configure a larger system? No problem, the system can be extended by simply adding an EVK1000.
- 4 boards configurable as anchors or tags with DW1000, MCU and antennae
- Two-way ranging location software (source code)
- PC application (including source code)
What You Can Do With This Kit:
- Evaluate different location schemes (tracking, navigation, geo-fencing)
- Tweak RF parameters and assess performance
- Log data for post processing
- Modify example software, re-flash the boards
- Add a second kit to expand your system