Reporting to the VP Sales, the FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (3+ years’ experience) is a broadly scoped and challenging role covering hardware, software, integration & test on the one hand and customer interaction on the other.
Essential Technical Skills
- Experience of writing/debugging real-time embedded software in ‘C’.
- Experience with a range of MCUs – ideally from low-cost 8-bit devices up to M0/M3 cores and beyond.
- Experience with one or more of the popular RTOS and IDEs.
- Experience of wireless networking/data comms or RTLS.
- Basic knowledge of RF/wireless
- Appropriate technical degree
Customer Facing Skills
- Technical sales ability: deliver product presentations and demonstrations, discuss customer requirements, assess customer’s skills/resources/potential revenue opportunity.
- Customer on-site support: DW1000 design-in advice and remedial support after design-in (debugging). Post design-win support, including device quality and returns procedures.
- Email support: build a working knowledge of Decawave products to enable local support with minimal backup from Dublin HQ
- Ability to prioritize support, identify key opportunities – there are always more customers than available support resource.
- Self-reliance, able to work alone, but know when to seek assistance. Interpersonal skills
- Working language is Mandarin but English language skills are a requirement. Ability to join conference calls, write short reports and gain in-depth understanding of our large collection of datasheets, application notes and user guides (all in English).
- Confidence/respect in front of customers, qualified with the ability to be assertive when appropriate.
Candidate will be able to work alone or as part of a small highly focused team, be able to take initiative, enjoy a challenge, be capable of planning and delivering to tight schedules and be self- motivated. Candidate will be required to spend some time in Company headquarters in Dublin for training.