Dear Members, To protect the forum from spam, all new members initial posts will require approval before they are published. Please do not create a duplicate thread. If you do not see the thread then it has been queued for review.  If in any doubt, please contact us through DM Regards Decawave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UWB data transmission between two DWM1001s
Hi Kwileu,

The earlier answer from Zoran stated that it is impossible to send data other than location over UWB with DWM1001 firmware release 1. This is a correct statement.

The release 2 that is currently developed will introduce a new feature allowing to transfer data other than location over UWB. This data transmission will follow a very well defined protocol : the data will go from a DWM1001 to a Bridge node over UWB. The bridge node will transfer the data to a MQTT broker and the user can access it there. 

The last few message were all related to the release 2.

Hope it's clear now.

Thank you,
Yves
Yves Bernard, proud to be a member of Decawave Developer Site since Jan 2018.
(08-21-2018, 03:47 PM)Yves Bernard Wrote: 2. It should be possible to run other application on the raspberry pi, but some of the interface will be reserved for the gateway application. Similarly, the kernel is timing critical and should have the priority against other real time applications. Regarding the wifi/ethernet solution, it is used to allow the user to interact with the bridge node and connect to the MQTT broker (hosted on the raspberry pi).

Hello again Yves,

Sorry if i am annoying/boring...

My question concerning running a user appilcation in the same Rasp was related to how to communicate directly to the MQTT broker from this user appliaction. See the attached diagram. I woudn't like to use another controller to host our application, and connect it to the Raspberry either by wifi or ethernet cable. I would like to use the same Raspberry as a single controller to do the whole tasks. Is there a way to communicate with the MQTT broker from this local user application?

Thank you again
BR
epenciso

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Espenciso,

I'm not 100% sure i'll have to double check. I'd say it is ok as the broker can be hosted locally on the rbp3b but don't take it for granted as I am not completely sure.

I'll update the thread once I have a chance to look at it into more details.

Thanks
Regards
Yves
(08-22-2018, 03:56 PM)Yves Bernard Wrote: I'm not 100% sure i'll have to double check. I'd say it is ok as the broker can be hosted locally on the rbp3b but don't take it for granted as I am not completely sure.

Hello Yves,

Any update on this?

Thank you
Epenciso
(08-22-2018, 03:56 PM)Yves Bernard Wrote: Hi Espenciso,

I'm not 100% sure i'll have to double check. I'd say it is ok as the broker can be hosted locally on the rbp3b but don't take it for granted as I am not completely sure.

Thanks
Regards
Yves

Hello Yves,

Any update on this?
Should we consider that it will not be possible to communicate with the MQTT broker from a local user application running in the same Raspberry?

Thank you
Epenciso
Hi Epenciso,

I got a chance to try it today and it is possible to connect to the mqtt broker from the raspberry pi itself as a localhost. 

Thank you,
Regards
Yves
(08-31-2018, 04:41 PM)Yves Bernard Wrote: Hi Epenciso,

I got a chance to try it today and it is possible to connect to the mqtt broker from the raspberry pi itself as a localhost. 

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

Thank you Yves, these are good news.
Best regards
Epenciso
(08-31-2018, 04:41 PM)Yves Bernard Wrote: Hi Epenciso,

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

When is this release expected?
ifithegr8, proud to be a member of Decawave Tech Forum since Oct 2018.