Dear Members, To protect the forum from spam, all new members initial posts will require approval before they are published. Please do not create a duplicate thread. If you do not see the thread then it has been queued for review.  If in any doubt, please contact us through DM Regards Decawave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UWB data transmission between two DWM1001s
I'm having a hard time understanding from the DWM1001 firmware guide or the API docs how to use the DW1000 (and its wrappers, such as the DWM1001 or DWM1000) to transmit wireless data. I don't want to use Bluetooth. The whole point is to use the DW1000's wireless comms, but not for distance or range-finding, rather as a data comm.

I don't understand how to do this. It isn't clear from the single tiny sample code file dwm-simple.c how to get started in this area.

Does anyone have any ideas how to bootstrap my learning on this topic?

Thanks.
I'm still trying to figure out how to do data transmission from a DWM1001. The API guide, 2.3, says SPI and UART use TLV for data transmission. Curiously, it doesn't say the C API should TLV for data transmission, but I can't see any other way to do it, so I assume that's the intended method. However, 2.3 also says to refer to section 6 for the various types and section 6 doesn't list any type that would suggest general data transmission. How do I send an arbitrary string from one DWM1001 to another?

This is not documented and there isn't example code for it. I don't know what to do.

Thanks.
The release 1 of PANS FW does not support sending of data from one DWM1001 to another. This should be possible in release 2 of PANS FW, however even then you will need to send data from one module up to the Webclient/MQTT client/application, and then send it back to another node.
(08-09-2018, 09:33 AM)zoran skrba Wrote: The release 1 of PANS FW does not support sending of data from one DWM1001 to another. This should be possible in release 2 of PANS FW, however even then you will need to send data from one module up to the Webclient/MQTT client/application, and then send it back to another node.

Ah, that's important information. Thank you. May I assume this does not preclude two low-level DW1000s chips from communicating, just the wrapper board that is the DWM1001, right? Assuming I'm understanding that correctly, should I then be able to code up an SPI-based DW1000 wireless communication system with two DWM1000s? I have access to those as well as DWM1001s and have had some initial success with basic SPI communication with the DWM1000 from a controller (a PyBoard).

Thanks.
That is how the PANS FW on DWM1001 works. If you write own FW for DWM1001 or other MCU controlling DW1000 then you can do what you want.