DecaWave has brought to the market a breakthrough new technology enabling centimeter location accuracy of objects and people. Three years after the launch of its first product, DecaWave technology is already designed in high volume industrial, automotive and consumer applications.
To support its fast growing customer base, DecaWave is seeking to hire Software and Solutions Applications Engineers to expand the company’s technical sales and customer-support team.
Reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager and preferably based in the Company’s headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, or Shenzhen, China, the primary goal of the roles is to assist DecaWave customers and prospective customers in applying DecaWave’s Ultra-Wideband wireless technology to their particular end-application needs thereby securing design wins for DecaWave and ultimately driving revenue for the company.
These are broadly-scoped roles covering software, integration & test on the one hand and customer interaction on the other, and include the following:
- Design & debug of application-specific software using DecaWave technology as both generic reference designs and specifically for individual customers including the porting of existing firmware to new or customer-selected microprocessors
- Assisting customers in the design of their DecaWave-based solution including assisting them in making the most appropriate tradeoffs to meet their system needs
- Presenting DecaWave’s technology to customers, assessing customers technical requirements and proposing appropriate system architecture options to meet those requirements
- Producing technical documentation to drive customer understanding of DecaWave technology and the optimum ways in which to use it in particular applications
- Develop training materials for and closely collaborate with FAE teams and field sales teams
- Support sales/marketer/FAE to key customer design in/win
- Help define and deliver the next generation IoT solutions that meet emerging market needs for indoor location, connectivity, and security.
- Work closely with the business team and R&D to deliver production ready solutions
- Support designer, system architecture engineer and product marketer engineer for new product definition
Ideally, candidates should have: -
- Minimum BSEE and 5+ years or MSEE and 3+ years of embedded SW design or applications support
- Strong technical understanding of wireless protocols (6LowPAN, ZigBee, Thread etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of development and support of MCUs and associated peripherals (SPI, I2C, UART etc).
- Expert in C/C++
- Linux, software porting and application performance optimization is a plus.
- Hands-on design, development, and prototyping of solutions
- A problem-solving approach and a strong desire to see the customer succeed
- Solution and ‘Value Proposition’ oriented, with focus to contribute to business growth
- Excellent communications and customer interfacing skills
- Target oriented and clear focus on results achievements
- Team player & Multiculturally sensitive
- Analytical, accurate, creative, flexible, open-minded
- Works independent takes initiative
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) &/or Mandarin
- Flexible to travel
Want to join the adventure?
Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please identify the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please attach your up-to-date Resume as a Word or PDF document.