Scensor and Real Time Location Systems (RTLS)
Real Time Location Systems are used to track and identify the location of objects in real time generally using simple, inexpensive nodes (badges/tags) attached to or embedded in objects to be located / tracked. These tags transmit wireless signals to devices, called readers, that use the wireless signals from the tags to determine their location.
Our technology gives RTLS systems developers the ability, for the first time, to locate tagged objects - indoors - to a precision of 10cm at a distance of 450m in Line-of-Sight (LOS) mode and 45m in Non-Line-of-Sight (NLOS) mode.
ScenSor’s RTLS capability is unequalled in the market because of its many product advantages:
- Significantly highest precision of any RTLS device: ScenSor can locate up to 11,000 assets in every 20m cell to within 10cm indoors, even while moving at up to 5m/s;
- Smallest of any RTLS device: with a 4.5mm x 4.5mm BGA
- Best range of any RTLS device: ScenSor operates at ranges of 70m LOS (at 6.8MBps) 500m LOS (at 110kbps) and in excess of 45m NLOS
- Ultra low power: ScenSor operates for up to 10 years from a single watch battery or within an energy harvesting environment;
- Ultra low cost: with the smallest die area of any device in its class;
- Future proofing, easy proliferation: the only solution available based on IEEE802.15.4a standard.
In general, ScenSor’s unique product features can be applied to the RTLS sector as follows, thus offering unique advantages to firms utilising our standardised UWB technology:
Read more about [ScenSor and Real Time Location Systems]