Decawave has brought to the market a breakthrough new technology enabling centimetre location accuracy of objects and people. Three years after the launch of its first product, Decawave technology is already designed in high volume industrial, automotive and consumer applications.
To support its fast-growing customer base, Decawave is seeking to hire Embedded Systems Applications Engineers to expand the company’s technical- sales and customer support team.
Reporting to the Applications Manager and based in the Company’s office in Dublin, Ireland, the primary goal of the roles is to assist Decawave customers and prospective customers in applying Decawave’s Ultra-Wideband wireless technology to their particular end application needs thereby securing design wins for Decawave and ultimately driving revenue for the company.
This broad role encompasses embedded software, hardware, integration & test activities as well as customer training and support.
The following list some of the roles and responsibilities:
- Design & debug of application-specific software using Decawave technology as both generic reference designs and specifications for individual customers including the porting of existing firmware to new or customer-selected microprocessors
- Assisting customers in the design of their Decawave-based solution guiding them in making the most appropriate trade-offs to meet their system needs
- Presenting Decawave’s technology to customers, assessing customers technical requirements and proposing appropriate system architecture options to meet those requirements
- Producing technical documentation to drive customer understanding of Decawave technology and the optimum ways in which to use it in particular applications
- Develop training materials for and closely collaborate with FAE teams and field sales teams
- Support sales/marketing/FAE to key customer design in/win
- Help define and deliver next generation IoT solutions that meet emerging market needs for indoor location, connectivity, and security.
- Work closely with the business team and R&D to deliver production ready solutions
- Support design, system architecture engineering, and product marketing on new product definition
Ideally, candidates should have:
- Minimum BSEE and 5+ years or MSEE and 3+ years of embedded SW design or applications support
- Strong technical understanding of wireless protocols (6LowPAN, ZigBee, Thread etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of development and support of MCUs and associated peripheral drivers (USB, SPI, I2C, UART etc).
- Expert in C/C++ and familiar with embedded development using GCC/Eclipse or other IDE’s
- Software porting and application performance optimization is a plus.
- Hands-on design, development, and prototyping of solution
- A problem-solving approach and a strong desire to see the customer succeed
- Solution and ‘Value Proposition’ oriented, with focus to contribute to business grow
- Excellent communications and customer interfacing skills
- Target oriented and clear focus on results achievements
- Team player
- Analytical, accurate, creative, flexible, open-minded
- Can work independently, a self-starter takes initiative
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Flexible to international travel.
- Dublin-based employment
Want to join the adventure?
Please email your applications to email@example.com
Please identify the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please attach your up-to-date Resume as a Word or PDF document