Reporting to the US VP Sales and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Bay Area FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (10+ year's experience) is a broadly scoped and challenging role covering hardware, software, integration & test on the one hand and customer interaction on the other.
Location: Burlingame – California – Bay Area Home office
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is the link between Decawave Engineering team, Decawave Sales and customers. The position requires the acquisition of thorough, in-depth knowledge of Decawave technology and products in order to be relied on by customers as a trusted technical advisor and partner in their application design. The FAE provides pre-sales and post-sales technical support to Decawave customers, ensuring smooth and ultimately successful design-wins. Travel is expected to be >25% for this position.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Experience of writing/debugging real-time embedded software in ‘C’.
- Experience with a range of MCUs – ideally from low-cost 8-bit devices up to Cortex M0/M3/M4 cores and beyond.
- Experience with one or more of the popular RTOS and IDEs.
- Experience of wireless networking/data communication and ideally of RTLS.
- Hands-on experience with RF designs and RF propagation
Customer Facing Skills:
- Technical sales ability: deliver product presentations and demonstrations, discuss customer requirements, assess customer’s skills/resources/potential revenue opportunity.
- Customer on-site support: DW1000 design-in advice and remedial support after design-in (debugging). Post design-win support, including device quality and returns procedures.
- Email support: build a working knowledge of Decawave products to enable local support with minimal backup from Dublin HQ
- Community support: contribute to Decawave community forum
- Ability to prioritize support, identify key opportunities
- Self-reliance, able to work alone, but know when to seek assistance.
- Good teamwork skills
- Confidence/respect in front of customers
10-years experience either as an FAE or as a designer in an OEM manufacturer.